Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Fry's Electronics of Singapore

Mustafa Centre, the Fry's Electronics of Singapore has its own hotel, travel agency, currency exchange, grocery store, and cafe where you can order teh halia! The elaborate procedures that seem to guard against fraud by employees as much as customers combined with indifferent customer service also remind me of Fry's.

I also found this Indian perspective interesting. Yes, there are a lot of Indians. The hotel is so that Indians there on business trips can spend their free time shopping for friends and relatives back home. I think Mustafa will be one of the first places I will go shopping once I get my own place in Singapore. It never occurred to me that maybe it's not where American expats spend much time. The cafe staff seemed not to understand "teh halia" with my American accent, so maybe they don't get a lot of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home