Friday, July 01, 2005

Annex 2 to the International Baccalaureate Diploma

It's fun finding stuff while packing. Related to my career options are the activities I participated in during high school.

Math Club, President, Secretary; Model United Nations Club; Newspaper; Mock Trial; SHS; ETW; NHS; FPS; Memorial Lutheran Church Handbell Choir; employee of local fast food restaurant

It's signed by my principal, so it must be accurate. The abbreviations were because I didn't want to admit being in the National Honor Society, which I regarded as a snobbish organization. I regarded them thus because they rejected me my junior year. And the initiation involved wearing a suit. SHS = Spanish Honor Society, ETW = Experimental Theatre Workshop, NHS = National Honor Society, FPS = Future Problem Solving. My Model U.N. teammates are now in politics; my newspaper friends work for newspapers; the mock trial participants are lawyers; much of the ETW crowd has made money in performance. Oh, and at least one Spanish Honor Society member lived in Spain for a while. I'm sure my colleagues from the local fast food restaurant have served time in jail and suffered acne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home