Monday, July 04, 2005

When did Mac and IBM switch colors?


When did the colors for the Mac and the PC platforms switch colors? Wasn't there a time when IBM was known as "Big Blue" for its blue logo? Sort of a connection to blue blood as in old money? Isn't a McIntosh a red kind of apple, and isn't that a natural color for an apple anyway? Wasn't the Apple logo red during the dark days of the Gil Amelio era?

This question occured to me before I ran across the StuffIt website. I noticed I was using my red Ethernet cable for my PC and my blue Ethernet cable for my Mac, and this makes sense to me, even though it is the opposite of how I would have assigned the cable colors when those machines were new a few years ago.

Does this have anything to do with Bush vs. Kerry? Are Mac users Democrats and PC users Republicans? Is this another way in which the United States has become more and more polarized lately?

Happy Fourth of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home