Monday, July 04, 2005

Triathlon story in graphical form


This is my story of the tri in graphical form. My race is the red line. Time runs from left to right. This is the 35-39 year old men. The winner, Australian George Lawson, is represented by the line that is the leftmost at the top. The line that starts out with a fast swim is Goh Seng Peng, who was reported to have a swim time of 18:09!

Officially, my swim was 43:42. I remember it being 46. Officially, my bike time was 1:09:31, but I thought it was more like 1:04, not counting the transitions. Unfortunately, it looks like the transition I spent stumbling around without my glasses counted against my bike time. (And I think three minutes of my swim is counting against my bike time, too!) My official run time was 1:01:59, which I can't argue with, and the overall time of 2:55:11 seems reasonable since I did not look at my watch while crossing the finish, because there was a camera and attractive young women handing out medals to smile for.

The median time was 2:53:40. So I was 5:05 (13%) slower than average on the swim, 7:54 (10%) faster than average on the bike, and 5:00 (9%) slower than average on the run.

I ranked 88th of the 163 finishers in my category. (I thought there were supposed to be over 200 starters.) Last year, the top American came in at 89th, so I did do better than that, but this year, my fellow Americans William Zee and Bernard Distel came in at 31st and 32nd, and Kenneth Katz still beat me at 58th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home